11 leadership grants serving 17 BEA cities are providing small, targeted support with outsized impact. The first leadership grant, a policy option assessment for Comayagua, Honduras, was completed in spring 2018. Since then, we have launched leadership grants for:
- Santa Rosa, Philippines to work on green building code development
- Nakuru and Nairobi Countries, Kenya for policy and project assessment
- Kochi, India to conduct energy benchmarking
- A cohort of 4 municipalities in metropolitan San Jose, Costa Rica to conduct a BEA kick-off event and policy and project assessment
- A cohort of 3 municipalities in Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa for green building guideline scoping and development
- The State of Sonora, Mexico to implement private-sector Buildings Challenge
BEA Leadership Grants are also supporting scoping for national engagement in Colombia and Turkey as part of the Zero Carbon Buildings for All project. This outcome-specific support helps cities address a specific barrier to their building efficiency work plans, resulting in accelerated city progress.